Draktsho’s four athletes to compete in special Olympics

Draktsho’s four athletes to compete in special OlympicsFour athletes from Draktsho Vocational Training Centre for special children and youth are getting ready to participate in the 14th World Special Summer Olympic Games. The Special Olympics will be held in Los Angeles in the United States of America on July 25.

The team will leave for the US on July 24.

The training centre selected two female and two male athletes from 150 participants. The participants were selected, based on their skills and capabilities, from the national competition held last year.

“We had also invited students from Paro Drugyel School as it is an integrated school,” said Draktsho’s, Deputy Director, Deki Zam. She said students from Ability Bhutan Society and Changangkha Middle Secondary School had also come. “The two boys and two girls were selected as per their capacity and  performance.”

Palden is one of the athletes going to the Olympics. He has won several medals in the past competitions and he has the confidence to win this time as well. “I want to win for my country and I want to win for my King and Queen”.

The special Olympic world games are exclusively for the differently-abled people. About 70,000 Participants from more than 170 countries are going to take part in the event.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube