Gup considers suing Trongsa court

Gup considers suing Trongsa courtLangthil Gup, Lham Dorji says, after a discussion in the Gewog Tshogdey, he will file a case against Trongsa District Court for detaining him. Trongsa court had detained him overnight for the contempt of court, yesterday. He was released this afternoon.

The police had taken him away after the Trongsa District Court ordered his detention for not being able to produce evidence in person on time.

“People from my gewog have been pressurising me to file a case against the court,” said Lham Dorji. “Detaining me was unfair.”

The gup, who the court deems a witness to a monetary case, was asked to produce written evidence in person to the court, yesterday morning.

But, the gup had instead sent his tshogpa to deliver the statement.

The gup had gone to the dzongkhag office to collect travel documents to relocate to Wangdue Phodrang, officially.

The gup had turned up at the court in the afternoon after the court had ordered the tshogpa to send the gup.

The Trongsa Drangpon, Norbu said the gup, in the eyes of the court, was a witness between two people in connection with the monetary case.

“He was detained as an individual and not as a gup.” He said the gup had failed to turn up at the court as promised.

“I was never a witness but was representing the case as a gup,” said Lham Dorji.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube