Naja Gup in another controversy

NajaGup-Farmroad-Paro’s Naja Gup, Kado, has landed himself in yet another controversy. The villagers of Phirokha are accusing the gup of misusing the funds received for maintenance of a farm road.

They say the government had released Nu.2,00,000 in 2010 to carry out maintenance work of the farm road, connecting Naja Gewog and Phirokha village.

They claim they had proposed to buy gravel with the money and carry out the maintenance themselves.

The gup had supposedly rejected the proposal.

The Naja Gup, however, claims the people never approached him with any proposal. “The community never told me anything about doing any work on their own.”

The villagers claim the gup had instead asked a local contractor, Nidup, to take up the maintenance work. The villagers are accusing Nidup of colluding with the gup.

“So after Nidup came forward to do the work on behalf of the community, I gave the contract to him as a community contract. The works were completed well and even checked by the concerned authorities,” said the gup.

Nidup, on the other hand, says he took up the work after the people of the village told him to do so.

“The villagers told me to look after the works, to organise everything on their behalf and help the engineer.

The 3.5 kilometre farm road, cleared in 2008, is in need of another renovation, says our Paro Correspondent, Yeshey Gyeltshen.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube