Farmers cry foul over services provided

Farmers cry foul over services provided- Jigme ChhoelingFarmers of Jigme Chhoeling Gewog in Sarpang are not happy with the services provided by the Gewog administration particularly in agriculture. They say the service needs to be improved.

They said their livelihood would improve if the service is prompt. “Though government provides help, the service we get is not on time, it is always delayed,” said Pema Rangdel, a farmer of the Gewog.

“The RNR extension officer is here and he is supposed to make people understand, educate about crops, its yields, about crop rotation, changing the seeds and cultivation process by visiting the field personally,” said Bala Ram Gurung. “But these people get irritated even when we visit them and ask certain things.”

Meanwhile, the RNR Extension Officer said, he is doing what he can but because the Gewog is large with a lot of far-flung areas, he cannot reach everywhere to provide timely assistance. “We get seeds from the NSC but we have to put proposal that’s why I ask the Tshogpas to give me a list of their demand so that I know what they want. They only come when they need,” said Karma Choezang, the Extension Officer.

Jigme Chhoeling has some of the remote villages in Sarpang Dzongkhag sharing border with Korphoog Gewog under Trongsa dzongkhag.

Top Stories

Related Stories

3 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube