415 people affected by local plan in Gelephu compensated

gelephu-A compensation of Nu.48 Million has been paid to 415 people whose houses, land and crops were affected with the development of local area plan 1 in Gelephu Thromde. Every structure, temporary and permanent which fell under the local area plan is being demolished. The local area plan 1 span.

The works has been continuing since June last year but some were given six months time till December to resettle themselves.

The Head of Urban Planning Division under Gelegphu Thromde, Chophyel Dorji, said they have to demolish the compensated structures. “The deadline to finish was by the end December last year, but there were some genuine cases and we had to extend till end of February this year,”    

However, some of the people are not happy with compensation received for losing their properties.    A Gelephu Resident, Januka Sharma, said two septic tanks, a toilet and a bathroom fell under the plan. “I was given Nu.23, 036 only. I requested the Thrompon for additional amount saying that it is way too expensive to construct now”

Another Resident, Tashi Gyelmo, said they don’t know if they can rebuild new structure with compensated money. “I think it will be difficult, times have changed”

According to the Thomde officials the people were compensated as per the government rule and that they had to demolish the structures to construct the internal road network which has begun.

Top Stories

Related Stories

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube