His Majesty graces RUB’s 9th Convocation

HM graces 9th RUB ConvocationHis Majesty the King graced the 9th Convocation ceremony of the Royal University of Bhutan yesterday. It was held at the Royal Thimphu College in Thimphu.

In an address to the graduates, His Majesty the King said that it was now their responsibility to protect the wisdom accumulated over the years. His Majesty said that cultural heritage, the sovereignty, and to ensure that future generations enjoy continued peace, progress and prosperity should be their responsibility.

His Majesty mentioned the many challenges that Bhutanese would have to prepare, such as natural disasters, economic crises, and disharmony.

“Are you afraid of these challenges? I am not. I will serve my Country without fear and without hesitation,” assured His Majesty.

[media id=605 width=320 height=260]

His Majesty said that it was not a question of whether ‘we have the capability to achieve success.’ “Will we make the choice to stand up and take responsibility? Will we choose to make a difference,” His Majesty questioned.

His Majesty said that the Bhutanese are good, strong and capable. “We know what it means to suffer, and we will never let a good opportunity go to waste.
“But it is up to us to choose the level of success we will achieve. If we want to make our most cherished dreams come true, we need to begin working today.”

His Majesty reminded the graduates that because of lack of human resources, Bhutanese must be better and more capable than everyone else if ‘we are to achieve success, and fulfill the aspirations of our people’.

“I have played a small part in your lives, but I have no doubt that you will play a big part in mine and in the future of our Nation,” His Majesty said.

The graduates of 2011 and 2012 from College of Science and Technology, Sherubtse College, Gaeddu College of Business Studies, College of Natural Resources, Royal Thimphu College, Institute of Language and Culture Studies, National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Royal Institute of Health Sciences, and Jigme Namgyel Polytechnic attended their convocation ceremony.

Top Stories

Related Stories

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube