1,500 high-end Indian tourists expected to visit Bhutan

High-End-Indian-TouristClose to 1,500 high-end Indian tourists are expected to visit Bhutan this season through the partnership of Drukair Corporation and an online travel company, Make My Trip. This partnership Drukair says will definitely help to pump in the much needed Indian currency.

Drukair Corporation and Make My Trip partnered since 2011 to bring in Indian tourists to Bhutan during the low tourists season. From 2011 to 2012, some 3000 Indian tourists came to Bhutan. Drukair’s commercial department has recorded earnings of 45 million rupees.

For Indian tourists from Mumbai, Drukair had 12 chartered flights to Mumbai over the past two years.  From April till June this year, Drukair has generated revenues of 16 million rupee from the Indian tourist arrivals. Drukair says the partnership have been helpful in terms of rupee earnings.

The collaboration of Drukair and Make My Trip came into being in 2011 under the Mckinsey project to bring in Indian tourists during the low seasons. Currently, Drukair has flights to New Delhi, Kolkata, Bagdora, Guwahati and Bodh Gaya. The national airline will have scheduled flights to Mumbai come next year.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube