Contractor alleges a cement agent of cheating him

Cement-Weighs-Less.A contractor in Haa, Rinchen Khandu, is alleging a cement agent in Phuentsholing for having cheated him. Each cement bags actually weigh 50 kilograms, but the contractor later found that the cement bags weighed less than 50 kilograms by over four kilograms.

About five cement bags were weighed at the construction site of the contractor and all of them did not cross even 45 kilograms. Rinchen Khandu said he bought two truckloads of cement bags from Jungched Cement agent in Phuentsholing.

“Since the cement bags are directly bought from the company by the agents in Phuentsholing, I never thought it would weigh less than 50 kilograms. But recently, my labours at the site told me that the cements bags are weighing less than 50 kilograms. So I checked it personally and they were right”

But the cement bags bought directly from the Penden Cement Authority Limited does not have any problems. So the problem, he alleges, is with the cement agents.

“After that I enquired the agent in Phuentsholing and they told me that the cement from the company has no problem and it all weighs 50 kg.” He said he recently bought two truckloads of cement bags and for that the agent had told him that they will compensate him. “But I told them that I have bought the cements earlier and they should also look into it. I don’t know for how many times they gave me the bags weighing less than 50 kilograms”

Raj Sarkar, the Manager of Jungshed Cement Agent in Phuentsholing said that if there is any problem, they should report immediately. He also said the complaint was made only after a week which cannot be entertained.

Top Stories

Related Stories

7 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube