Dr. Lotay Tshering, the final entrant of DNT

Dr-LotayWith a Urologist, officially, confirmed as their final candidate, Druk Nyamrup Tshogpa (DNT) has all their 47 candidates.

At a press conference, yesterday, the Party President of Druk Nyamrup Tshogpa, Dorji Choden, confirmed they have all the 47 candidates with their last entrant being Dr. Lotay Tshering. The Party President said with the completion of the attestation of candidates and other requirements, they are ready to submit their Letter of Intent to the Election Commission of Bhutan.

“DNT is happy to inform that all our candidates are now complete. In terms of composition of our candidates we have mix bag of age and profession. And six of our candidates are women. Now DNT is ready and we will be submitting our letter of intent to the Election Commission of Bhutan tomorrow.”

After the payment of over Nu.6.2 million to clear service obligations, the Royal Civil Service Commission, accepted Dr. Lotay Tshering’s resignation from the Jigme Dorji Wangchuck National Referral Hospital as a urologist.

Speaking to BBS, Dr.Lotay shared that although it was difficult for him to complete all procedures with the Commission in the last three months, it was a conscious decision of his to join politics.

“I think people do not understand clearly that I am not leaving this profession and the profession is going with me. I will always remain a doctor and I will practice my profession wherever I am  so I am not at all sad when people say I am leaving the profession  because in practice I am not.”

He also said people don’t take politics seriously. “Everybody say politics is dirty and politician are corrupt which I don’t want to hear and believe that because politics can be as clean as any other profession and I personally feel today when I get this opportunity to put my citizenship above my profession to serve the country as best way in possible.”

Dr. Lotay will contest as the Druk Nyamrup Tshogpa candidate from South Thimphu.

Top Stories

Related Stories

26 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube