Samtse goes for former Chimi

SangayKHanduThe former Chimi for Samtse, Sangay Khandu, 37, secured 9,907 votes. With seven candidates, Samtse had the highest number of candidates contesting for a seat in the National Council.

Sangay Khandu was nominated from Tendruk Gewog. “If I happen to get elected, my approach will be people-centric,” he had told BBS. Sangay Khandu also said he wants to change the development and legislation procedures to bottom to the top instead of other way round.

He also said he will live up to the expectations of the people as their elected representative. “I will not forget the sacred bond, the social contract that the people and elected representative should have.”

Sangay Khandu was one of the aspirants for a seat in the National Assembly during 2008 elections. However, he could not contest as he did not the basic qualification required to contest.

He then went on to acquire degree. He graduated from Rangsit University with Political Science.

Dhan Kumar Ghalley secured 4,595 votes. Chhatrapati Phuyel secured 1,363 votes and Chungdu Tshering got 1,944 votes. Narayan Dahal secured 775 votes, Khara Nanda Dahal got 906 votes and Ganesh Ghimray got 912 votes.

Top Stories

Related Stories

16 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube