RSSC organises health checkup at Memorial Chorten

Senior citizens who usually come to circumambulate the Memorial Chorten in the capital got an opportunity for a health checkup, today. The health checkup was organised by the Royal Society for Senior Citizens (RSSC), in collaboration with the Royal Institute of Health Sciences.

Manni, 80, from Wangdue Phodrang stays with his daughter in Dechencholing. He came to circumambulate the Chorten. After seeing health officials carrying out checkups, he too joined other elderly people.

Finding his blood pressure a bit higher, he was asked to take rest. Health officials said elderly people circumambulate the Chorten from morning itself, so they need to rest before checking their blood pressure.

“Today being a holiday, I came to circumambulate the Chorten. I was planning to go to hospital on Monday for checkup but coincidently health checkup is being carried out here,” said Mani.

Like Mani, many elderly people got themselves checked. “In hospital we have to wait for hours, I am happy that I got a health checkup here,” said Monang.

Health officials advised those who have high blood pressure to visit hospital for treatment.  Elderly people were also advised to eat healthy and briefed on other health education.

This programme is first of its kind initiated by the Royal Society for Senior Citizen.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube