No news on whereabouts of missing taxi driver

There still is no news about the taxi driver’s whereabouts, even after four days, since he went missing.  He is suspected to have been kidnapped from Dekiling in Gelephu.

The Gelephu superintendent, lieutenant colonel Phub Dorji, said they have informed and sought help from their Indian counterparts in Assam to help them locate the cab driver.

The wife of the missing driver, Chandra Kala Subba, said she called her husband at 4 pm on Monday. She said he was still in Tsirang at that time. “I called him a few hours later, but by then his phone was switched off.”

She said when he did not reach home even by 9pm, she got worried and called him again. She said someone picked up the phone and said he reached Gelephu and then switched off the phone.

She kept trying and finally got through to her husband. “He said he has been kidnapped and he told me not to worry.”

Her husband told her that the people who kidnapped him would demand ransom. “But he told me not to inform police. He said they would kill him if I did. The phone was again switched off.”

She said she called her husband’s number the next morning. “The phone kept ringing for some time and was rejected. It was switched off after 10 am.”

They have a nine-year-old daughter.

Top Stories

Related Stories

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube