In pursuit of education

The number of Continuing Education students in Sherubtse College has been increasing over the years.

Sherubtse College received the first batch of Continuing Education students in 2007. There were only there students then. Currently there are more than 30 students pursuing Continuing Education.

Compared to the regular students, college authorities said, the continuing education learners are doing much better both academically and in co-curricular activities.

The Dean of Academic Affairs, Sonam Wangmo, said the CE students have seen the real world of work and that experience is what drives them to perform better.

Tshering Yangden, a teacher for 10 years and now a third year English Geography student, has been topping her class right from the beginning. “It sure is difficult to be a topper with all the tensions I have to take for my education, my family and my kids but amid that I guess the reason for me topping is I am very attentive in the class and I never miss my class unless I have genuine reason.” She said she prepares her own  notes. I don’t completely rely on the notes given by lecturers”

Besides learning academically, the Continuing Education students said they are growing personally.

“I could make lot of decisions, that my age should not be the barrier to my learning. I have to take it positively so instead I have been growing positive attitude towards learning because it is never too late to learn,” said Lhakpam, one of the CE learners.

The college is expecting more Continuing Education students in the future.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube