Unreliable supply of cooking gas in Samdrup Jongkhar

People living in Samdrup Jongkhar are unhappy with the unreliable supply of cooking gas. Every time the LPG store opens, they have to rush and queue up at the distribution store to refill their gas cylinder. Some even have to return home empty handed despite several visits to the store.

Some people come from as far as Nganglam. “It costs us more because we have to pay for the transportation,” said Dorji Rinchen, a resident of Nganglam.

A resident of Samdrup Jongkhar, Chorten Phuntsho said those people who are involved in supplying LPG gas should increase the quota for Samdrup Jongkhar town. Tashi Commercial Corporation deals with the supply.  “It’s the fourth days since I have been standing in the line and I haven’t been able to refill my cylinder.”

The Regional Trade Office said the shortage started two weeks ago because of the week long strike by the workers at the gas factory in Guwahati, India. An accident of a gas tanker nearby Rangia in India also prolonged the shortage.

The trade officials said the other reasons could be, the hoteliers refilling their cylinders in bulk, sometimes even more than 10.  They said otherwise Samdrup Jongkhar had had a smooth supply.

Top Stories

Related Stories

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube