First-ever futsal turf ground in Trashi Yangtse uplifts mood of sports enthusiasts

The recently opened Futsal ground with synthetic turf has brought cheers to many sports enthusiasts in Trashi Yangtse. The first-ever futsal turf ground is expected to play a crucial role in grooming emerging sports personalities from the eight gewogs of the district.

With better sports facilities such as the futsal turf ground, the football and futsal enthusiasts are in a cheerful mood. The facility named “Gomkora Futsal Ground” is located a few kilometres from Doksum Town.

“We travelled the entire day to Kanglung or Gyalpozhing to play football on artificial turfs. But now, we have a similar facility in our own district, so that will be so convenient,” said one of the football enthusiasts from Toedtsho Gewog, Tashi Gyeltshen.

For some other sports enthusiasts, the excitement is similar.

“I am very happy that a new turf ground has opened here. I am a diehard soccer lover and just love to play the game. So, I will ask for some money from my parents and play football on the turf,” said Sonam Tashi Wangchuk, a resident of Doksum Town.

For another diehard soccer fan, Tashi Dendup, he plans to commit all his leisure time to play football or futsal on the turf.

“Trashi Yangtse is finally having one proper sports ground. Henceforth, I will spend all my off days playing sports.”

The facility is open throughout the weekdays and weekends from 6 am to 11 PM. It is equipped with a solar lighting system for night matches. The ground fee is charged on an hourly basis and ranges from Nu 1,000 to 1,800.

It was constructed by two residents in Doksum with Nu 4.6 M.

According to the pair, such sports facilities were built to provide a platform for youth to boost their sporting skills.

These days, they are giving a 10 per cent discount to women players and children below 15 years.

With further COVID relaxations, the bustling atmosphere at the newly opened futsal turf ground is only expected to escalate.

Nonetheless, residents there felt the district needs more sports infrastructure development to produce dynamic sports persons to contribute towards building a robust sports culture in the country.

Sonam Darjay, Trashi Yangtse

Edited by Pema Lhaden

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube