More important to love your country intelligently: His Majesty

His Majesty the King granted an audience to the participants of the National Graduates Orientation Programme, 2012. His Majesty reiterated his belief that “as a landlocked nation with a small population, the true foundation and jewel of the nation are the strength and character of our Bhutanese people”.

His Majesty also told the graduates that he shares something in common with them. “When I was a child, His Majesty, my father, asked me what I would do when I grew up. I replied that I would serve my country. So you see, you and me, we are the same. Our fundamental underlying ambition is to serve our country.”

His Majesty added, “we were yesterday’s children. Now we are tomorrow’s parents responsible for our nation and for laying the foundations for our next generations. Remember, the future will reflect what we do today. We cannot foresee it but as long as we approach it with the right intentions and values, I assure you of a very bright future – for yourself and your children and for our special nation.”

His Majesty concluded the address by saying how proud he is to be Bhutanese. His Majesty said that he is proud of the peace, stability, harmony and security the country enjoys today. “Proud of our unique culture, traditions and heritage that we have managed to preserve. Proud of our pristine environment and respects for all sentient beings.  Proud of the manner in which democracy was introduced in this country, which is unprecedented in history. Proud of the fact that even though we are a small country, we have been blessed with one of the world’s most admired leaders in His Majesty Jigme Singye Wangchuck- my father”

His Majesty also said he is proud of young graduates of today, who have already fulfilled so much of their parents’ dreams.

His Majesty ended by saying, “I know you love your country but it is more important to love your country intelligently.”

His Majesty the King was accompanied by Her Majesty the Gyaltsuen and Their Royal Highnesses Princess Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck and Princess Kezang Choden Wangchuck.

Following His Majesty’s address Their Royal Highnesses distributed the certificates of participation to the graduates.

Top Stories

Related Stories

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube