Basketball camp keeping youth engaged in Trongsa

During winter vacations, most children spend their time at home. But it was different this time in Trongsa. More than a hundred youths were engaged in a Youth Basketball Camp. Children were taught the basics of the basketball, a new knowledge for most of them. The Kuwait Embassy funded the camp which ended recently.

Not many young children can dribble a basketball. But through the coaching camp, children some as young as five years old learnt dribbling and several other skills.

Themed as “1st Friendship through Basketball Youth Hoop Camp,” the Bhutan Basketball Federation also coached them on different techniques such as ball handling, passing, shooting, defence and offence.

“Knowing how to play basketball is not just enough. So, through this camp, I have learned about the importance of teamwork and hard work. Most importantly I learnt about respect,” said Sonam Wangchuk, a participant.

“I am a monk and on winter vacation. I am very grateful that I also got equal opportunities like other school-going friends to participate in this camp. I learnt a lot,” said Pema Chogyal Wangchuk, another participant.

The Basketball Federation organised the camp to promote social interaction, and healthy living for youth in the community.

Passang, Trongsa

Edited by Tshering Zam

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube