All the way from Germany for the love of the game

It is not only Bhutanese archers who are participating in the ongoing Yangphel Open Archery Tournament. This time, Harry Wittig, a German is also one of the participants.

Harry Wittig, 51, was one of the German archers during the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. But he says using the compound bow is difficult. “Of course it is difficult to hit the target on 145 metres with a compound bow without any sight and so on, but I love this play. I am unlucky, I don’t hit, only two kareys that’s not what I was hoping for,” he says, bit dejected over his performance.

It is not his first visit to Bhutan. He participated in other tournaments in Bhutan and knows many Bhutanese archers. “I love this country; I love the Bhutanese people, so I am very happy to come to this country. I was invited by Bhutan Olympic Committee this year. I am very happy so that I can take part in this competition.”

He is playing for MBC Germany, where his team mates are all Bhutanese. More than 1,500 archers are participating in the tournament in the ongoing Yangphel tournament.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube