Druk Phuensum Tshogpa’s bye-election candidate, Dorji Yuden

30-year-old Dorji Yuden from Pangjakpa under Chhaling Gewog, Monggar is contesting as a candidate of Druk Phuensum Tshogpa for the bye-election scheduled on 29th June. A mother of two, she completed Bachelors of Arts in Media Studies and Dzongkha from Sherubtse College, Kanglung. The common forum and door-to-door campaign kicked off from Drepoong on May 27.  

Prior to joining politics, she worked as a Librarian at Lhuentse Higher Secondary School.

“Should I win the election, my objective is to establish Monggar throm as a thromde. I also pledge to promote Monggar Dzongkhag as a cultural and spiritual tourism destination.”

The candidate also promised to solve the drinking water shortage in Monggar town and adjoining areas. She pledged to assist farmers in marketing their farm produce and support the local government in improving roads in the chiwogs.

Moreover, she committed to conserve and promote the cultural sites and monuments and create employment opportunities for youth and women.

The post of the Monggar constituency was declared vacant after Dasho Sherub Gyeltshen resigned over a false insurance claim case recently.

Sonam Tshering, Monggar

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube