Heartwarming video of Khenrabs tale thanking GoI for COVID vaccine melts heart

A video of a little Bhutanese girl thanking the Government of India for the gift of the COVID-19 vaccine is winning hearts in India and going viral on social media. The heartwarming video, features a Bhutanese child artist, Khenrab Yeedzin Syelden who is well known for her social media page, Khenrabs tale.

Touched by the video, the video was then shared by the Indian Ambassador to Bhutan, Ruchira Kamboj on Twitter. Since being shared, the video has melted the hearts of netizens as many showed their love for the cute girl with adorable emojis.

Shared on March 26, the 37-second-long video has garnered nearly 15 thousand views and tons of reactions from netizens. The story was also covered by many Indian media including the Hindustan Times, Times of India, and many more.

To show their appreciation for the sweet video, the Indian Ambassador met with Khenrab Yeedzin Syelden and presented her with a certificate, a smartphone, and a gift hamper today.

Just six years of age, Khenrab is already quite popular for her cute and informative videos on social media. For now, she has over 40,000 followers on her Facebook page, Khenrabs tale. She is currently studying in class I in Thimphu Primary School.

“I am very happy that my video went viral in India. I am also very happy to receive the certificate and prizes from the Indian Embassy here. I would also like to thank the Indian government for helping us with the COVID-19 vaccine,” she said.

Despite being very young, Khenrab has become an icon of Indo Bhutan friendship and her unique contribution through the video has helped further strengthen the India-Bhutan Friendship at a people-to-people level.

Bhutan received the gift consignment of additional 400,000 doses of Covishield Vaccine from India on 22nd March making possible the nationwide rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.

Passang Dorji

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube