Five Grade I-BHUs in Trashigang to have ultrasound machine soon

The burden on the Ultrasound unit in Trashigang Hospital and  Riserboo Hospital is going to be reduced.  Five Basic Health Units (BHU)-Grade I in  Trashigang will have Ultrasound machines soon after the machine’s software is updated. The government recently handed over five machines to the Hospital. 

Gang Dorji, the District Health Officer in Trashigang said, “We have five 10-bedded hospitals in Trashigang Dzongkhag like Kanglung.  We are going to install an ultrasound machine in this BHU, which is funded by the Asian Development Bank.  All the equipment has reached the hospital here but we could not start, as we are waiting for the machine’s software updates”

For now, Trashigang Hospital and Riserboo Hospital have been providing Ultrasound services. The Trashigang hospital alone receives nearly 600 patients a month for ultrasound services.

“We have been facing difficulties as we have only one ultrasound machine in Trashigang hospital. We have been receiving 20-30 patients daily and with just one machine, it was a problem.” Gang Dorji added.

The health minister recently inaugurated Ultrasound machine in Kanglung BHU recently. Once the BHU completes the installation of the Ultrasound machine, people from nearby gewogs need not have to travel to Trashigang. They can avail themselves of the service from the BHU.

Tashi Yangzom, a resident of Rongthung village in Kanglung said, “I went to Trashigang hospital twice to avail the service, once at beginning of my pregnancy and another during eight-month. I think it will be convenient to have an ultrasound here. We can reach even by walking whereas Trashigang, we have to travel by vehicle.”

“There were problems. When there were lots of people we had to wait for hours for the service. And some times, we have to return without doing ultrasound and then visit the hospital the next day. Now it will be convenient after installing the machine here,” said Nima Youden, another resident from Rongthung village.

The government with support from the Asian Development Bank provided 13 USG machines and other equipment worth Nu 420 M to the hospitals in eight districts.

Sonam Darjay, Trashigang

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube