Prime Minister on why one should get vacinated

Prime Minister Dr Lotay Tshering said he will not take the vaccine just to convince people. Lyonchhen said he will get the jab for its benefits and protection. This was highlighted when Lyonchhen was responding to the frequently asked questions on COVID-19 vaccines on Facebook yesterday.

The Prime Minister said the biggest advantage of getting vaccinated is the high level of protection against the COVID-19 infection the vaccine can provide.

“I will vaccinate for my own protection because it’s useful. If it is not going to benefit then I will not vaccinate myself to encourage people to do so. I will not mislead the nation to create a political drama or to show people how courageous I am to go for the vaccination. I am a professional, I know this is good, I know this has a very high level of protection either not to get the disease or not to suffer yourself from the disease,” he added.

The vaccine drive is expected to start only in mid-March after the month-long Dana (inauspicious month) from February 14- March 13.

Sonam Pem

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube