Good day at work for Bhutanese Chenchos in the Hero I-League

Picture Courtesy: Facebook/1sportsinlive

Chencho Gyeltshen scores a brace while Chencho Dorji’s Sudeva Delhi FC wrapped up first win. 

It was a field day for the two Bhutanese Chenchos in the Hero I-League. In the afternoon match, Chencho Gyeltshen gave RoungGlass Punjab FC the lead against Gokulam Kerala FC, when he pounced on a defensive lapse inside the six-yard box with a poachers finish in the 17th minute.

It was Chencho again seven minutes later, who converted an easy chance to take Punjab two up. Before the half time whistle, Chencho laid the ball off to Rupert Nongram, who calmly slotted the ball to the bottom right-hand corner taking the scoreline to 3-1.

However, that’s all the joy Chencho and company enjoyed as the men from Kerala mounted an impressive second-half come back. Gokulam Kerala FC scored three goals in the second half without reply to beat RoundGlass Punjab FC four goals to three. The only consolation being Chencho’s brace and an assist.

Chencho Dorji, on the other hand, led his team, Sudeva Delhi FC, to their first victory in the ongoing Hero I-League. Sudeva was matched up against Indian Arrows, who like Chencho’s side have immunity wherein they will not get relegated this season. The matched finished three-nil with a goal each from Kean Lewis, Naorem Mahesh Singh, and Shaiborlang Kharpen.

On matchday three, RoundGlass Punjab FC will take on Churchill Brothers FC Goa and Sudeva Delhi FC will face off against Real Kashmir FC. Both matches will be played on Tuesday.

Sherub Dorji

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube