Works at Punatsangchhu Hydropower on track

The Punatsangchhu Hydropower project-I has achieved another milestone after the Headrace Tunnel connecting the intake building with the powerhouse was completed. The tunnel opens into the dam complex, upstream of the ongoing Punatsangchu I project.        

The progress of works at the Punatshangchhu Hydropower phase I is as per the planned schedule. Project authorities said the project could be completed ahead of time.

One significant achievement of the Hydropower project is the completion of two 1.4 and 1.3 kilometre diversion tunnels. The diversion of river through tunnel for the construction of Dam at Khempajichu has also begun.

On Friday, the headrace tunnel-I from Adit-I and Adit-II connecting the intake building with the powerhouse has been completed. It was inaugurated by the Chairperson of the project, the Economic Affairs minister, Lyonpo Khandu Wangchuk. The minister described the function as an important milestone in Bhutan’s first mega hydropower project. He said the progress of works at the project site as commendable.

The project could be completed even before the stipulated time said the Managing Director of the project RN Khazanchi.

Once complete the Punatsangchhu hydropower project phase-I is expected to generate 5,700 million units of electricity with1,200 Mega Watt of peaking power throughout the year.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube