A 10-year-old VTI plan in Pema Gatshel

The people of Pema Gatshel Dzongkhag are waiting for a Vocational Training Institute (VTI) in Dungmaed Gewog. It was promised about a decade ago. And now the locals want the promise to be delivered. 

As per the plan of Druk Phuensum Tshogpa (DPT) the ruling government then, the institute was supposed to be established at Durungri in Dungmaed Gewog. The land required was acquired and registered for the same purpose. But after that, there has been no progress whatsoever at the site.

The Dungmaed Gup raised the issue during the recent Dzongkhag Tshodu. “On behalf of my gewog’s people, I am proposing to submit the issue to the National Assembly. The project, in my opinion, will not just benefit the people of Pema Gatshel but the entire eastern Dzongkhags,” Gup Ugyen Tshering said.

The Dzongkhag Tshogdu members also shared their views on the advantages of having a training institute in that location.

“We have no objection over the identified location. All we need is an institution here depending on the country’s development. I fully support the establishment of training institute at Durungri,” Pema Dorji, Gup, Zobelgewog said.

“I, along with two fellow gups accompanied labour minister when he visited the site last time. The minister also agreed and accepted the execution of the plan. He assured us he will discuss the issue during the upcoming session of National Assembly. The place is verse as an area of thousand acres with plain. It is found very comfortable to have there,” Sonam Rinchen, the Gup of Dechhenling Gewog, said.

The Dzongkhag Tshogdu unanimously supported the agenda by raising their hands to submit the point to National assembly for further deliberation. Durungri is located opposite to Kheng Yangbari and the site is very close to Nganglam-Gyalpozhing highway.

Today, people of Pema Gatshel are hoping the Government would deliver what has remained as a plan since the 10th five-year plan.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube