Shuttle bus service between Thimphu and Paro Airport to begin soon

The first-ever shuttle bus between Thimphu and Paro International Airport will hit the road next week. With the launch of three shuttle buses, passengers at the Paro International Airport can now avail themselves of comfortable bus rides to and from Thimphu.

Unlike any other public transport buses in the country, this bus is equipped with free WIFI service and air conditioner on the move. Passengers will also be able to enjoy other facilities like mobile charging ports and comfortable reclining seats.

The buses will start operation every day depending on the flight schedule.

“I realised that we don’t have a service like this and it occurred to me once when I went to Bangkok and even though I have a car, I needed somebody to take me to Paro and then drive back my car to Thimphu. Similarly, I had to look for somebody to come and fetch me from Paro,” Kinzang Wangdi,  the Promoter of Bhutan Airport Shuttle Service, said.

He also added that through this new service, they want to clamp down on the number of cars which is creating traffic congestion at the Paro international airport.

The Director-General of the Road Safety and Transport Authority (RSTA), Pemba Wangchuk, said it is a good initiative. “This is something that we have been looking for. We are hoping that people will make use of it. If people use buses, there will be a reduction in the need to travel by cars to the airport,” he added.

The shuttle bus service will cost Nu 200  per person for every trip. The bus has a carrying capacity of 32 passengers and will be stationed at Changlimethang.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube