Thimphu, Paro and Trashigang win inter-dzongkhag archery tournament

Thimphu Dzongkhag won the Third Inter-Dzongkhag Olympic Style Archery Tournament in both junior and senior men’s category. Paro came first in the senior women’s category, while Trashigang topped in the junior category.

The Bhutan Archery Federation (BAF) organized the two-day tournament at Monggar Higher Secondary School recently. Some 100 students from eight dzongkhags participated in the competition.

The archery federation first organized the tournament in 2016.

“The main objective is to find good archers to represent Bhutan,” Pema Zangmo, with BAF said.

The BAF selects two best archers from the competition and provides them scholarship to study in Japan.

Karma Yonten from Changzamtog Middle Secondary School and Kuenzang Choden of Kelki Higher Secondary School are this year’s scholarship recipients.

“Archery has been my passion since my childhood days. I got an opportunity to participate in such tournament since last year. I practiced a lot to get what I achieved today,” Karma Yonten said.

Kuenzang Choden said she didn’t expect to come first.

“I love playing archery. I will continue to give my best,” Kuenzang said.

The Third Inter-Dzongkhag Olympic Style Archery Tournament was conducted with financial support from the Bhutan Olympic Committee (BOC) and SEISA, a private company from Japan.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube