A woman blackmailed on internet

Internet has lots to offer. Beside entertainment and information, it can also be a source of distress. For instance, a woman in her early thirties in Monggar, was blackmailed by her chat friend said to be from India.

She said that she had been chatting with the person for about 8 months.

According to the victim, after months of chatting, they became intimate cyber friends. They even started exchanging photographs which led to the blackmail. “After few months of befriending with him we started to exchange nude photographs,” She narrates. “He used to call me also. After sometime he said he wanted to send me some money, which I rejected immediately. I was worried my husband will ask me where I brought huge sum of money, so I did not encourage him to send it.”

She added that the person called her again after few weeks saying that he had sent the money through another Bhutanese friend of him. “But he told me that the man had used the money. I sent it for you now you have to pay me back 18,000 or else I will upload all the picture and videos of you nude. He has been blackmailing me for the past 5 months now,” she added.

In the meantime, she said after months of blackmail, she grew stronger, and felt an urgent need to share about her story.

“I was worried for the blackmail and had lots of tension. I was worried what would happen to me, if my family and friends found out. But now I am done worrying about their blackmailing and want to make other girls also aware of such blackmails,” she said.

She further said few other women might also be silently suffering similar blackmails.  She said, as a victim she feels important to make people aware of such scams.

Top Stories

Related Stories

4 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube