Chencho Gyeltshen scores his first Bengaluru FC goal

Photo: Indian Super League

Nine games into the season and Bengaluru FC’s Bhutanese starlet, Chencho Gyeltshen, scored his first goal in the ongoing Indian Super League (ISL) yesterday. Chencho’s acrobatic finish in the 92nd minute of the match ensured Bengaluru FC remained unbeaten at the top of the ISL table.

Bengaluru FC was trailing one-nil and was staring at their first defeat of the season against their title rivals North East United. Off the bench came Chencho Gyeltshen in the 71st minute of the match.

With 20 odd minutes of play remaining, chances came at a premium for Chencho. He came close in the 88th minute, his shot flew inches over the crossbar.

Then came the moment of magic. The match as edging away from the grips of the table toppers when the captain, Sunil Chettri, headed the ball in the path of Chencho Gyeltshen, who acrobatically finished an overhead kick to level the score.

Chencho Gyeltshen gave a moment to savour to some Bhutanese fans who went all the way to Guwahati to witness the match.

After the match, Chencho on his Facebook page shared a video thanking his fans.

“I got so many messages from the fans. It was a very good cross from Kean Lewis and even very good assist from our legend Sunil Chettri and I did what I felt like doing. I am glad it went inside the net. Thank you so much for your love and support.”

Chencho has finally landed his first ISL goal. In the next game, Bengaluru FC will host Mumbai City FC on Sunday.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube