BCCB initiates cricket development activities in Samtse

In an effort to promote grassroots cricket across the country, the Bhutan Cricket Council Board (BCCB) has now opened cricket development activities in Samtse. To mark the opening, an artificial turf was inaugurated on October 27.

For the first time, the children in Samtse got an opportunity to participate in cricket coaching programme. To be able to play under proper guidance and on a freshly laid synthetic turf has got the aspiring cricketers excited.

“Since my childhood, I was interested in cricket and I am happy that I am finally getting the opportunity,” Apsara Darlami, a student from Samtse Lower Secondary School, said.

“I like playing cricket because it is my hobby and also I want to be physically fit. In future, I want to play for my country, like the Indian cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni,” Tshering Samdrup Jatsho also from Samtse LSS, said.

According to the BCCB, Samtse Dzongkhag can produce quality cricketers.

“We have decided to develop cricket in Samtse. The dzongkhag has the potential of producing good cricketers. Also, it has the potential of a good international venue,” Damber S. Gurung, the Head Coach of BCCB, said.

“We had a discussion with the national coach. From next year many grassroots program will be conducted here. Tournaments will also be organized since we have a good cricketing pitch here, ”Diwash Sundas, the Samtse Cricket Coordinator, said.

“We will make sure our youths get to play and participate in this beautiful game.”

As part of the program, an exhibition match was also played between Samtse HSS and Samtse LSS. So far, including Samtse, BCCB has initiated cricket development activities in eight dzongkhags.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube