Three graduate scholarship students recognized

Three graduate scholarship students were recognized by the Department of Adult and Higher Education (DAHE) under Education Ministry for their excellence and recognition from international universities in India and the USA. 

The three students are Ngawang Tshomo, Pema Euden and Sonam Lhamo.

Ngawang Tshomo was selected by the DAHE to pursue Bachelors of Urban Planning at the School of Planning and Architecture in New Delhi, India in 2013.

She received the SPA gold medal for the best student and best thesis of Bachelor of Planning Examination in 2017. She was also awarded the general proficiency prize for standing first in the final Bachelor of Planning Examination.

“I feel overwhelmed. I am grateful to His Majesty and the government for giving me the opportunity to strive for excellence. I would also like to thank my parents and my teachers for supporting me.”

Another student, Pema Euden went to pursue Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at the University of Texas at El Paso in the USA in 2014. She graduated in July this year. She was awarded the Academic and Research Excellence in Mathematics at the undergraduate level by the university.

“I am honoured to receive this award. Bhutanese students have lots of potentials and they will be able to compete with people from all over the world if they work hard.”

Sonam Lhamo also graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with Bachelor of Science in Physics.  She was awarded the Academic and Research Excellence in Physics at the undergraduate level by the university.

“I am blessed to have received this award from my university. This award was possible because my education was funded by the government of Bhutan. I am also grateful for all the love and support from my parents and family.”

The DAHE says the felicitation program was organised to acknowledge the hard work and the academic achievement of the three scholarship students.

“We have always believed that our students have tremendous potential and the three young girls’ achievement is a testimony of what our students are capable of achieving. This will definitely send a very strong message to the scholarship students and it will serve as an encouragement for those who aspire to receive such good prestigious scholarship,” Kesang Choden Dorji, the Director General of DAHE, said.

With today’s three recipients, a total of 13 scholarship students have received prestigious awards from universities and institutions till date.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube