U-15 women’s team gears up for SAFF championship

Led by their Korean coach, Sung Jea Lee, Bhutanese U-15 Women’s National team is undergoing vigorous training and practice for the second edition of the SAFF Under-15 Women’s Championship.

The championship kicks off on the 9th of next month at the Changlingmithang National Stadium in Thimphu. This is first time Bhutan is hosting the championship.

As part of their training, the team is taking part in the ongoing Ugyen Trading House Women’s Super League in Thimphu.

They are hoping to do better in the SAFF championship this time. “I believe we will be able to perform well this year compared to last year,” Deki Yangdon, one of the players, said.

“Last year, we could manage to secure the third place only, but this year, we hope to come second or win the championship.”

The head coach, Sung Jea Lee, is positive the girls will be able to reach the finals this year.

“This is a good opportunity for them to get more confidence. We are hosting the championship this year and that’s why I expect my girls to get to the finals,” the coach said.

Bhutan is placed in group A along with India and Sri Lanka. The Bhutanese women’s team will play its first match against Sri Lanka on the 11th of August.

Six teams from the South Asia region will take part in this year’s championship.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube