Monthly Archives: December, 0

Deadline extension could cost the government time and money

The government could lose a revenue amount of more than Ngultrum 47.7 billion as a result of extension of completion date of the Punatshangchhu I hydropower project to 2019.

His Majesty offers prayers for late President Kalam

His Majesty The King led the government and members of the Indian community in Bhutan in offering prayers and a thousand butter lamps for the late President of India, His Excellency APJ Abdul Kalam, at the Kuenrey of Tashichhodzong yesterday.

Strong justifications for further prosecution: High Court

The High Court has asked the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to submit strong justifications for the office to prosecute the Lhakhang Karpo case. During the show-cause hearing of the case yesterday, the court also asked Office of the Attorney General (OAG) to submit in writing as to why the case is being handed over to the commission for further prosecution.

BOiC under review

The Cabinet has recently directed the Finance and Economic Affairs Ministries to review the criticisms against Business Opportunity and Information Centre (BOiC) and decide accordingly.

An alternate route for Haa-Phuentshogling highway

Works to link Haa with the Thimphu-Phuentshogling highway via an alternate route began on July 25. Once complete, the Damchu-Haa link road is expected to reduce travel time from Haa to Phuentshogling by 2 hours. People will no longer have to use the existing Haa-Chhuzom road to travel to the bordering town.

New HIV positive cases detected

The Health Ministry has detected 29 new HIV positive cases in the country. The cases were detected within the period of six months from December 1, 2014 to June 2015. Among the 29 cases, one is a minor; 18 months old.

Customs Officials seize foreign whisky

Customs Officials at the Paro International Airport seized 17 cases of foreign whisky and US$ 50,000 in two separate cases this week.

Inadmissible allowances paid to PHPA-I officials

Contrary to government rules and regulations, the Punatshangchhu Hydropower Project Authority-I has paid different kinds of allowances to both government and project officials worth Nu 3.2 M.

The road block at Rewtala, about 90 kilometres from Trongsa towards Zhemgang opened to traffic yesterday afternoon. Continuous falling boulders had kept the road blocked for the past two days. More than 40 vehicles had been stranded at the block.

India approves PHPA I’s new cost estimate of Nu 93.75B

The Indian government has approved the new cost estimate of the 1,200 Megawatt Punatshangchhu hydropower project at Nu 93.7 billion excluding interest accumulated during construction.
- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Read

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube